About Speedpak CLG
Speedpak CLG is a multiple award winning social enterprise that operates commercially to transform the lives of long term unemployed people by providing work experience and industry led training leading to employment.
The Company, trading as Speedpak Group, Speedpak Contract Services and Shamrock Rosettes has successfully operated since 1995. It is overseen by a highly experienced voluntary Board of Directors, professional leadership team and skilled core team.
This is a full-time permanent position to join our core team.
Who are we looking for?
If you think of yourself as a practical, common sense sort of person with a methodical approach, who is happy to work in a team, this might be the role for you.
We are seeking someone motivated, energetic and detail-orientated who is keen to learn and is customer focused. Working in a team, you’re likely to do a variety of jobs from production and manufacturing to warehousing duties - including taking delivery of goods for sorting, stacking and storage and then eventually picking and packing items for dispatch to customers.
This is very much a hands-on position with variety and responsibility
Purpose of the Job
To work as part of the Operations Team carrying out Manufacturing, Warehousing, Assembly, Packing, Printing and Distribution tasks.
The Operations Manager.
- Achieving set performance targets
- Following manufacturing and warehouse procedures
- Maintaining and supporting quality standards
- Adhering to health and safety guidelines and regulations
- Maintaining and handling machinery, tools and equipment in accordance with company and manufacturer guidelines
- Correctly using raw materials to ensure minimal waste
- Following the principles of good manufacturing housekeeping at all times
- Receiving and recording goods inward and outwards in accordance with company guidelines
- Mentoring staff on work experience and Labour Market Programmes with Speedpak
- Any other relevant duties as directed by management
- Experience in Manufacturing, Assembling and Packing
- Strong team working ability
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- A flexible, reliable and willing attitude to work
- An efficient and organised approach to work
- Commitment to customer service and quality
- Empathy with the needs of long term unemployed people
- Valid forklift license
- Current Manual Handling certificate
- Experience of mentoring/training staff
Terms and Conditions
- € 11.65 per hour increasing to € 12.65 per hour on successful completion of 6-months probation
- Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm Mon to Thurs; 8.30am to 4.00pm Fri (39 hours per week)
- Annual Leave 20 days rising to 25 days based on years of service
- Company days
- Sick leave policy
- This post is subject to ongoing government funding under POBAL’s Community Services Programme
This position is supported by POBAL under the Community Services Programme (CSP), and you must be eligible to apply. We particularly welcome applications from:
- Long term unemployed persons in receipt of jobseeker’s benefit, jobseekers allowance or one parent family payment;
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (or other disability benefit) , invalidity pension or blind persons pension;
- Travellers in receipt of jobseekers benefit or jobseekers assistance or one parent family benefit;
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers;
- People employed under Community Employment (CE), Tús and Job Initiative (JI) schemes
- People with convictions in contact with the Probation Service.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter either by post or email no later than 5.00pm on Monday 10 May 2021 with interviews taking place on the week of 17 May 2021.
By post to:
HR & Training Officer
Units 5-8 Clonshaugh Business & Technology Park
By email to:
Strict COVID -19 protocols will be put in place for interviews to ensure the safely of all attendees. Those invited for interview will be provide with clear instructions in advance on the hygiene procedures in Speedpak . Masks and hand sanitisers will be available.