Full-time General Operative, reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The General Operative role is to work as part of the Operations Team carrying out Rosette Manufacture, Manufacturing, Assembly, Packing, Printing and Distribution tasks.
- Achieving set production targets
- Meeting quality standards
- Adhering to Health & Safety guidelines and regulations
- Maintaining and handling machinery, tools and equipment as per company and manufacturer guidelines
- Correctly using raw materials to ensure minimal waste
- Following the principles of good manufacturing housekeeping
- Receiving and recording goods inwards and outwards in accordance with company guidelines
- Mentoring staff on training, work experience and Labour Market programmes with Speedpak
- Any other relevant duties as directed by management.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Assembling and Packing
- Experience in Rosette Manufacture including sewing
- Strong team-working ability
- Attention to details
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- A flexible, reliable and willing attitude to work
- An efficient and organised approach to work
- Commitment to customer service and quality
- Empathy with the needs of long term unemployed people
All current CE and Tus staff are eligible to apply.
(Please note that taking this job would mean that you are no longer eligible for the CE or Tus programme.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Must be eligible for the Jobs Plus Scheme
- €12.16 per hour
- Hours of work are 8.30am to 3pm Mon to Fri with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break (30 hours)
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata)
- 5 days sick pay
HOW TO APPLY
Send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Edel Moloney, Speedpak, Units 5-8 Clonshaugh Business and Technology Park, Dublin 17 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5.00pm Friday 07 December 2018.
Speedpak is an equal opportunities employer and is positive to disability.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in manufacturing?
We run accredited traineeship programmes throughout the year (in conjunction with local industry partners) that include training in production processes, forklift operation, manual handling and workplace health & safety.
Read more >>